Sponsored Launch Fueled by the City of Sierra Vista and the Southeastern Arizona Chamber Foundation
The University of Arizona Center for Innovation (UACI) is a startup incubator network with outposts across the Southern Arizona region and a mission to grow scalable startup ventures that fuel the Arizona economy. Since inception in 2003, the program has directly served over 170 companies and impacted thousands of entrepreneurs. This is done through providing access to people, programming and places that help entrepreneurs take their companies from idea to market.
Through a collaboration and sponsorship with the City of Sierra Vista and the Southeastern Arizona Chamber Foundation, UACI is offering a sponsored year at the incubator for three deserving startups with a committed team that is working to solve a significant business or social challenge in the science and technology industry. This prize package will also include office space at with the Industrial Development Authority of the City of Sierra Vista. The total prize package is valued at $5,000 per company.
Applications for the Sponsored Launch Program are open from May 3, 2023, through June 23, 2023.
May 3, 2023 – June 23, 2023: Opportunity open for applications
June 26, 2023- July 7, 2023: Judging evaluation and applicant interviews
July 12, 2023: Winning startup announced
August 2023- July 2024: Team participation in the UACI program
• The startup exists/operates in Cochise County and can take advantage of UACI programming and space at the Industrial Development Authority of the City of Sierra Vista
• The startup is within the technology and science industry
• The startup is pursuing an innovative solution to a significant business or societal challenge
• The startup is pursuing a scalable business model
• The team has a strong overall commitment to commercializing its innovation
• The team must have at least two founders or team members contributing significant efforts and time to the startup
• The team should demonstrate a need for incubation services
• The team is making a significant difference in our local and global communities through innovation